Interest in Mid Century Modern Art & Design Surging
For decades, Mid Century Modern homes and interiors didn’t get the historical respect they deserved.
Today, however, Mid Century seems to be on the lips of everyone in the art and architecture worlds. These trends reflect its resurgence:
- Prices for the period’s furniture, jewelry and accessories have soared in the past 10 years.
- The number of times people enter “Mid Century Modern” in the Google search bar has increased by 50% since 2014 and multiplied more than 10 times since 2004.
- Museums have been mounting more and more Mid Century Modern exhibits.
- Realtors, designers and decorators now specialize in Mid Century Modern style.
- America’s practical Millennials have a proven affinity for smaller homes, natural materials and lower consumerism (fewer accessories and furniture).
- Preservationists have managed to save more Mid Century Modern homes and buildings in the last 5 years.
Mid Century Modern collectors and enthusiasts are on the right side of history.